The aim of the meeting is to foster collaboration among the states in Region VI (Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and 68 Federally-Recognized Tribes), draw focus to the unique public health challenges at U.S. and Mexico border, establish connections with all aspects of immunization services, and create action items surrounding NAIP goals specific to each state. Specific meeting objectives include:
- Collaboration among states to increase use of Immunization Information Systems (IIS)
- Identify standards to reduce and eliminate vaccine preventable diseases
- Present best practices for adult immunizations
- Foster permanent connections among attendees of the event
- Develop strategies to address state-specific and cross-state goals
- Create materials regarding immunizations to share with the public and providers
The National Adult Immunization Plan (NAIP), developed by the National Vaccine Program Office (NVPO) provides an overview of actions needed to be undertaken by federal and nonfederal partners to protect public health and achieve optimal prevention of infectious diseases and their consequences through adult vaccinations. The plan establishes four key goals, each of which is supported by objectives and strategies to guide implementation through 2020:
- Goal 1: Strengthen the adult immunization infrastructure
- Goal 2: Improve access to adult vaccines
- Goal 3: Increase community demand for adult immunizations
- Goal 4: Foster innovation in adult vaccine development and vaccination-related technologies
As part of broader efforts to support successful implementation of the NAIP and strengthen multi-sector partnerships, NVPO is supporting U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Region VI to conduct a stakeholder consultation to convene key partners from the states, tribes, and territories served by the region.
We look forward to your attendance and participation in this important discussion. Should you have any questions, please contact CAPT James L. Dickens at (214) 767-3882.
The meeting will be held at:
Microsoft Campus Community Event Center
7000 State Hwy 161, Irving, TX 75039
This meeting has concluded.