During the meeting, we plan to work collaboratively to:
- Increase awareness of the opportunity to prevent cancer and other HPV-related conditions and gain a better understanding of the barriers to accessing HPV vaccinations on college campuses in Region 4.
- Highlight promising practices on college campuses that are working to increase uptake of the HPV vaccination.
- Share resources, connect partners, and introduce tools that address the barriers and support action planning on college campuses.
- Identify quick wins and longer term strategies to address three wildly important goals related to: increasing access and affordability; increasing awareness and demand; and decreasing missed clinical opportunities.
The National Adult Immunization Plan (NAIP), developed by the National Vaccine Program Office (NVPO), provides an overview of actions needed to be undertaken by federal and nonfederal partners to protect public health and achieve optimal prevention of infectious diseases and their consequences through adult vaccinations. The plan establishes four key goals, each of which is supported by objectives and strategies to guide implementation through 2020:
- Goal 1: Strengthen the adult immunization infrastructure
- Goal 2: Improve access to adult vaccines
- Goal 3: Increase community demand for adult immunizations
- Goal 4: Foster innovation in adult vaccine development and vaccination-related technologies
As part of broader efforts to support successful implementation of the NAIP and strengthen multi-sector partnerships, NVPO is supporting U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Region 4 to conduct a stakeholder consultation to convene key partners from the states served by the region.
We look forward to your attendance and participation in this important discussion. Should you have any questions, please contact Sharon Ricks, Regional Health Administrator, Region 4.
The meeting will be held at:
Georgia State University
College of Arts and Sciences Event Center
25 Park Place Building, 2nd Floor
25 Park Place, NE
Atlanta, GA 30303