The aim of the meeting is to foster collaboration among the states in Region 10 (Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington) to enhance and coordinate activities related to adult immunization. During the meeting, we plan to work collaboratively to:
- Identify strategies to strengthen adult immunization outreach among vulnerable populations, including adults who are underinsured and uninsured and/or who have chronic health (e.g., diabetes, heart disease, lung disease) and immunocompromising conditions.
- Identify strategies to maximize funding to support clinics providing vaccines for underinsured and uninsured adults.
- Strengthen knowledge of additional resources and strategies to enhance adult immunization efforts.
The National Adult Immunization Plan (NAIP), developed by the National Vaccine Program Office (NVPO), provides an overview of actions needed to be undertaken by federal and nonfederal partners to protect public health and achieve optimal prevention of infectious diseases and their consequences through adult vaccinations. The plan establishes four key goals, each of which is supported by objectives and strategies to guide implementation through 2020:
- Goal 1: Strengthen the adult immunization infrastructure
- Goal 2: Improve access to adult vaccines
- Goal 3: Increase community demand for adult immunizations
- Goal 4: Foster innovation in adult vaccine development and vaccination-related technologies
As part of broader efforts to support successful implementation of the NAIP and strengthen multi-sector partnerships, NVPO is supporting U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Region 10 to conduct a stakeholder consultation to convene key partners from the states served by the region.
We look forward to your attendance and participation in this important discussion. Should you have any questions, please contact Crystal Dinh.
The meeting will be held at:
Kimpton Alexis Hotel – Grand Parlor Room
1007 First Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
Meeting registration is closed.